Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Redeemer Lives

My Redeemer lives and I will see His glory as He works all things together for my good.Whatever things occur of this I can be sure, I know my Redeemer lives.

Even though I walk through the valley, I will fear no evil He is with me.And on the battlefield, although the pain is real, my struggles soon will fade as His glory is revealed.

The message of this praise chorus says it all for me. In sickness, in health, when my children have struggled, when I have struggled with finances, my marriage, people, work, places and things; through it all sometimes I have to be reminded that My Redeemer lives. I recently mentioned that I wished that the symbol for Christianity was the empty tomb, instead of the cross. Maybe that would help me to remember that I serve a living Christ. The cross is a symbol of suffering and death, but the empty tomb is the symbol of new life; Eternal life for all of us who believe that God sent Jesus here to earth to die for our sins, each and every one of us. In Romans 10: 9 – 13 the Apostle Paul reminds us “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto Righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."

It goes without saying that life in Jesus Christ is not always easy, but as Psalm 23 tells us and the chorus above reminds us; even though I walk through the valley, I will fear no evil for He is with me. And on the battlefield, although the pain is real, my struggles soon will fade as His glory is revealed.

Jesus Christ is our full time resource. Trust in Him, the work that He did on the cross for us and remember to praise Him for the empty tomb.
Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment